Thursday, August 12, 2010

Preparation - Gathering Supplies

The Paisley fabric with light blue trim got the go ahead.

Excited to move forward I laid out my materials.  Fabric, mattress pad insert and blue fabric - screeching halt. The blue fabric is stained.  Someday, I will learn to store my fabrics properly but that's not today.



Determined to use the blue fabric, I spend the evening pursuing the art of stain removal.  No, I'm not getting paid for product placement - although, I wouldn't refuse the offer.





Choosing fabric and designing are the obviously creative aspects of sewing.  I also love the machinery and tools of the trade.  Everything about sewing is in the iron.  Ironing can literally smooth out a variety of problems.  Your iron needs to be clean, sewing machine needs a sharp needle, two pairs of scissors saves sanity.  Winding the bobbin seems boring but is part of the deal.  My sewing machine is nothing fancy.  It's lightweight so I can take it to classes and we get along well.

I sew at a table my grandfather made for my grandmother.  After she passed, he and my cousin packed it up and drove from Ohio to California to deliver it to me.

I'll start sewing after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment