Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Birth of a Baby Futon

I've always been interested in other's artistic process.  I've decided to document how I go about working with a client in selecting the fabric and then the steps in making the futon.

For this futon, I want to use fabric I've collected through the years.  Using fabric I already have brings back memories of my mother and grandmother.  While I've taken many sewing classes since junior high school, my initial drive to create and take on a project can be traced back to these two woman. They were from the generation who sewed because their children needed clothing; I'm thankful that I got to be carried along and learn from their skills and confidence.

Here's the e-mail and photo, I sent the mom - I'll keep come back and update you as we progress.

I'm attaching a couple of fabric choices for you.  Unfortunately, I don't have any lavender/violet in my fabric collection but I love these other choices I'm sending.  None of the colors are overly strong/bright.
1.  Greenish/blue with white flowers
2.  Green and yellow flowers
3.  Pinkish paisley with light blue trim


Let me know if any of them work for you.  Best, Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment